As the leading provider of cloud-based dedicated multi-GPU platforms for HPC and deep learning, security and reliability are hypercritical components of SkyScale’s business. SkyScale’s owned and hosted private and hybrid clouds are secured in industry-leading data centers in San Diego, CA; Houston, TX; Seattle, WA; and Ashburn, VA. Featuring unmatched reliability, physical and cyber security, the data centers are audited to the strictest standards. Whether for corporate requirements or peace of mind, SkyScale welcomes customer visits and audits (U.S. citizens, per ITAR requirements).
- Non-virtualized, dedicated hosts are isolated with strict VLAN Access Control Lists (These dedicated nodes have the additional benefit of increased speed)
- Host management ports are on out-of-band networks
- Management interfaces are accessed through Next-Generation hardware firewalls
- Unused firewall ports are blocked
- Data storage is directly attached to nodes; not shared
- Additional customer-required firewall hardware can be implemented
- Industry-Standard Encryption and Authentication Protocols
Internet Protocol Security (IPsec)
- Secure Shell (SSH)
- Multi-protocol Label Switching (MPLS)
- Robust encryption and certificates for data transfer to, and from, the Cloud
- Enterprise-grade intrusion detection/protection controls
- Threat management and mitigation controls
- Enterprise anti-malware software solutions are used on all servers as well as computers used in support of network and service platforms
- Data-at-rest protection
- Physical facility access is strictly regulated with armed security personnel at all entrances, at all times (24/7/365).
- Facilities are extensively monitored by digital security cameras
- Encrypted biometric records of all clients and personnel are maintained
- Escorted and badged access required for visitors (U.S. citizens; per ITAR requirements)
- Access to SkyScale’s cabinets and racks require authorization through multi-tiered verification systems, including:
- Industry-standard password and security policies
- Two-factor authenticated access control systems
- Biometric verification tools
Support Personnel & Management
- Data center employees undergo best practices screening processes applicable per regional law, including criminal background checks and drug screening
- Facilities operate a centralized change-management program including testing, blackout procedures, business impact analysis, and management approval, where required
Compliance with regulatory requirements is a critical component of many of our client relationships. SkyScale understands that the protection of data is often the backbone of your business, so we want to take it as seriously as you do; if not more so. SkyScale works with each client to understand and validate that their data and security needs are being met, whether through procedures, training, technical capabilities, or audits.
SkyScale’s cloud infrastructure meets regulatory requirements and national standards in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), protecting individuals’ medical records and health information. SkyScale’s partner data centers comply with the rules that apply to their systems and levels of access, helping clients comply with the portions of HIPAA that apply to them. SkyScale reviews requirements with clients and data center partners and together engage in a BAA: a Business Associate Agreement.
SkyScale and its data centers meet or exceed regulatory compliance ITAR.
- All employees of SkyScale and its data center partner are U.S. citizens.
- All client data controlled or hosted by SkyScale and its data center partner resides within the continental United States.
- No foreign personnel associated with SkyScale or its data center partner can have access to client data hosted or controlled by SkyScale.
SkyScale’s data center facilities are audited annually to:
- SSAE-16 SOC 1 Type 2
- SSAE-16 SOC 2 Type 2
- SSAE-16 SOC 3 Type 2
View a brief video of SkyScale’s San Diego data center.
SkyScale leverages high-density data center services in partnership with ScaleMatrix.
SkyScale is the leading provider of cloud-based dedicated bare-metal multi-GPU platforms for the fastest HPC and deep learning performance available as a service anywhere in the world. SkyScale also hosts cutting-edge private and hybrid clouds in their innovative data centers, featuring unmatched reliability, physical and cyber security. SkyScale is an NVIDIA Authorized Cloud Service Provider, and is HIPAA and ITAR compliant.
SkyScale is a Cloud Partnership with One Stop Systems (NASDAQ: OSS)
Want to Chat With a Cloud Pro?
© 2018 SkyScale, LLC